Employee feedback made easy
The latest update to Turbine (6.10) sees lots of minor improvements and one big new feature: employee feedback.
The existing appraisals system is great for formal appraisals and staff reviews but we wanted something that would let employees request quick feedback from colleagues about their work or which would let people give unsolicited (positive!) feedback to their colleagues and team members. There’s nothing more motivating than a friendly pat on the back.
Request feedback from your colleagues
Give instant feedback to employees
It takes less than a minute in either case. Responses and comments go through email and the dashboard like other Turbine requests. Also, when people give feedback it is stored on an employee’s record for future reference. For example, when you’re writing an annual appraisal, it’s really useful to have dozens of comments to review.
Other improvements and bug fixes include:
- User could not edit feedbacks from Dashboard. That was fixed.
- User could not unassign team leader once it was assigned. That was fixed.
- Date filtering is now available on purchases and expenses page.
- On dashboard, “Provide credit card” link is now displayed if credit card is provided or if a payment failed.
- Time off, Purchase and Expense creation dates are now displayed in list view, details view, printable view, export to csv.
- Feedbacks creation dates are now displayed in list view.
- Appraisal creation dates are now displayed as dates, not as “4 days ago”.
- To display appraisal creation date, last answering time was taken instead of creation date. That was fixed.
- Cancel link on editing dashboard now works correctly.
- Standalone feedback form (which appears if you choose “Open in a new tab” on “Request feedback” button) now works properly.
- We now use Rails 3.2.stable, that increases application performance.
- Destroyed holidays did not return back used days to statistics. That was fixed.
- Admin, editing holiday for another person, could not unselect days. That was fixed.
- Managers on employee page are now shown without duplicates and display their relationship to an employee correctly.
- Postal code for company address is now not mandatory.
- Plus various other improvements and bug fixes