Today we had a big update for Turbine. Lots of improvements and bug fixes in today’s release notes.
The most significant is a rewrite of the time off calendar view using Canvas.js. Now it’s much, much faster and usable.
Other improvements include:
- Add ‘Edit teams’ button to the users list page. This makes it easier for people to switch between the employee list and the team page.
- Replace many non actively used fields on user profile with notes. This tidies up the employee records page and sweeps up the now-deleted ‘employee notes’ data.
- Restrict certain functionality to specific teams. For example, if you need to have everyone able to book holidays but only certain people make expense claims, we can do this now.
- Use dateselect instead of text input in the user profile page. This is easier to use and easier to localise.
- Staff handbook. We can now enable this feature on a company-by-company basis. If you need this, contact us to enable it.
- New settings page. Added ‘Bulk upload’ to consolidate all those options in one place.
- Improved employee uploads. Now you can add users and send out invitation emails in two separate stages.
Bug fixes include
- Manager can see only requests which s/he is able to approve.
- Several bug fixes and improvements for the new calendar.
- Fixed editing teams in Internet Explorer. Now you’ll see it as the designers intended.
- Fix 500 error when user tried to cancel account.
- You can now edit employee addresses again
- Fixed an issue relating to formatting employee information
- Fixed validation notification and changed validation text for emails.
- We added back the ability for people to self-approve certain types of request. If you need this, contact us to enable it.
- Removed the messages module from the application. Very few people used it and now we can devote more resources to features that are widely used.
- Removed code related to the old employees layout
- Removed code related to the old time off types and approve rules