The latest release is largely about security but it adds some valuable new functionality for customers too. Here’s the change list:
- Rails upgrade. We use Ruby on Rails and a recently-discovered vulnerability in that software triggered a big upgrade and we have now installed the latest version along with new libraries and test tools. This was a big job but it’s important to keep Turbine safe and secure.
- Add budgeting feature. Users are able to have cost centers with budgets. And see warning if the budget is exceeded. This is a *much-requested* feature.
Other more minor improvements and bug fixes include:
- Add possibility to drag and drop files from desktop to the expenses and purchases.
- Fixed 404 error, which raised with big upload files.
- Fix duplication error when admin try to create supplier with name which is already created by user.
- Warning about days overflow was removed from unlimited time off requests.
- Fix error when user tries to create a comment with a URL in it .
- New companies have approve rule ‘by admin’ turned on by default. This makes the trial experience a bit easier.
- Fix invoice link in the customer purchase receipt so now you can click through to Turbine payment receipts directly from the billing email.
- Add possibility to enter decimal tax for purchases, e.g. 8.75% tax in California.